Hoys have been helping organise group holidays to Mt Hotham for over 70 years.
Hoys operate 4 Ski Centres all with fantastic central locations:
- Hoys Dinner Plain Ski Shop, right on the main roundabout at Dinner Plain;
- Hoys Mt Hotham Ski Shop (“The Shed”) next to the Resort Management Board Office in the day car park at Mt Hotham village center;
- Hoys @ Jack Frost on Davenport drive in the Lodges precinct (renovated for 2016)
- Hoys Harrietville Ski Centre (The A-Frame) - the last ski centre before heading up the mountain. - building renovated for more space in 2015.
Hosting the only security carparking in Harrietville, Hoys is the natural choice for your snow travel connection. The Mt Hotham Snowball Express departs from Hoys daily, and is the preferred location for taxi departures and has off mountain security car parking. Hoys can organise your own private taxi or coach to bring you to the snow - up to full coach size. Many groups pick up clothing hire from this venue – so you can arrive at Mt Hotham appropriately dressed for winter conditions. We also offer clean toilets and full up to date ski/board rental gear and new in 2015 dedicated ski tuning workshop - with top class Montana Snow Star Crystal Glide tuning machine & a Wax Future infrared waxing. We offer a great quality range of snow accessories to purchase and often have outerwear specials up to 50% off.
If self driving- Hoys offer the best service EVER! When you hire your chains from Hoys in Harrietville, our mobile chain fitting service operating on the Mt Hotham road, will fit them for FREE as you travel up the mountain. You can also pre purchase your Resort entry pass from our Harrietville shop. Hoys hire chains are also available for pick up at the Hoys Omeo outlet - 157 Day Ave, Omeo.
Discounts on Hire Equipment
For social/family groups we offer the best equipment at very competitive prices:
- For groups of 10+ adults hiring minimum 2 days, Hoys offer 25% off our Sport, Performance & Demo ski & board package hire - prebook but not prepay
- For groups of 20+ get the 25% off deal + we offer free performance hire for leader.
- For Family or Adult groups under 10 - adults & unlimited number of children - get 25% off Adults deal & 25% off childrens Sport & Performance ski & board package hire. Minimum 2 days hire. Prebook & prepay minimum 72 prior to arrival - book through Hoys "Book Online" on this site
- 2017 Free Day Deal - if you rent any Hoys product - even 1 toboggan - after your 4th consecutive days rental, we'll give you your 5th days rental for FREE. This Deal is an additional discount to our packages discount offers.
Please contact Hoys to organise this in advance & secure your discounts – email@example.com
We can also store shoes at our Mt Hotham shop for your 1st & last day for your convenience.
School & University Groups
Amazing competitively priced rates - Hoys go the extra mile for your groups convenience & offer high quality gear that will get your members confident in the sport faster & have a better time on better gear. Contact Hoys for our rates TODAY
Are you coming to Mt Hotham or Dinner Plain? We believe hiring through Hoys is the best option & value for your group :
- We offer high quality gear, maintained to tip top level.
- We offer Free upgrade of performance ski or board hire for group leaders.
- We offer 1 FOC ski or board hire for 8 paying secondary students. We offer tertiary groups -1 FOC :16 students.
- We offer shoe drop off to Lodge after fit out so students can go straight off skiing.
- We offer clothing hire pick up from Hoys in Harrietville so students arrive appropriately dressed for on mountain conditions. Or pick up from any Hoys shops.
- We offer pick up at Lodge of hire clothing and ski boots on your departure day after group has dropped off skis/boards/helmets to the Hoys shop. We bend over backwards to make sure the right gear is on the right hirer- thus guaranteeing a better time.
- We label skis & boards with student’s names to save confusion on the slopes and in your drying room.
- We offer a high quality “snow essential” pack (gloves, goggles, neckwarmer & socks) at a substantially discounted package price for groups to purchase.
Hoys can offer flexible fit out times – even after dinner if it suits your group- just call us to discuss.
Please contact Hoys for any further detail or help with organising your group holiday to Mt Hotham.